Large 3-part moon phase cards are a wonderful Montessori astronomy material. They're perfect for identifying the phases and matching to other moon phases objects. The cards have large dimensions, high-resolution printing, and glossy lamination.
This listing includes:
- 8 3-part cards of the moon phases
- 1 3-part card pouch (black)
If you have ever caught your kid staring at the moon in a daze, chances are they have been hooked by its magnetic allure. It is something of a mystery to them as it’s only visible at night and seems to have a different shape every time they look at it.
- Each of the phases has a name and a different shape. The kids can learn which side must be illuminated when it's waxing, or growing and which side lights up when it's waning, or reducing.
- They are in 3-parts using the Montessori nomenclature card system.
- The phases represented in these cards are from the northern hemisphere perspective.
- The cards are printed on 300gr. cardboard and laminated with 125 microns laminating pouches, the edges are rounded to protect children from being scratched.
3 PART CARDS DIMENSIONS:
Whole card - 9.5x12.5 cm (3.75x5”)
Part card - 9.5x10 cm (3.75x4”)
Label - 2.5x9.5 cm (1x3.75”)
The phases depicted in this game are from the northern hemisphere perspective.
If you're looking for some guidance on how to introduce this subject in a lesson or want some more ideas for related activities, we have comprehensive and helpful articles on our blog. Check out the links below: